Here is the final character design for my short, still currently titled The Cactus & The Spout. I designed him to be a derpy baby rattle snake just trying to survive in the desert. I tried to make him adorable, but also a little scary.
Within the next couple weeks I will start posting the boards. Then the snakes teeth will make a lot more sense >:) Until then, let me know what you guys think of the character designs so far!
A lot has changed since I last posted. First, I have the bird close to completion.
Second, I started to develop an overall look for the film. I decided that the original palette was way to desaturated, so, I kicked things up a notch. There’s definitely a hint of Maurice Noble in the style I chose.
For comparison. Here is the progression concerning the coloring of the bird.
I will probably tweak the palette as I go, but now its time to focus on story!!!
This week i’ve decided to explore two new social networking websites. With that said, I now have a Twitter, and a Tumblr. Now I do have my reasons for choosing these two.
My Twitter will obviously show personal content(within reason), but it will also be there to keep the story conversation going. It is the best opportunity to follow Story Artist I admire, and also another way to keep up to date on studios I respect.
My Tumblr will be an inspiration blog. I will use it to show people what gets my creative juices flowing.
I want my blog to be the center for my work, but I want to use these other websites as extensions of who I am and how I approach my work. With that in mind, I would like each of these other sites to lead back to my blog. My other websites should introduce me and start a dialogue. If that is successful, It should lead to showing my work, and show how I approach story.
The Cactus is the first character from my thesis film currently titled “The Cactus & The Spout.” I will reveal more about the story later, but essentially the film is a Chuck Jones inspired comedy, completely 2d animated.
Knowing that the Cactus doesn’t have a completely traditional sense of construction, I had taken some time to develop a style sheet.
The production will take up the majority of the academic year, finishing up by the beginning of May 2014. Stay tuned! I have more characters to introduce, plus storyboards! I can’t wait to post more progress and to get everyone’s feedback!